My Granite Gear Crown 60 has some custom Zimmerbuilt hip pockets that the previous owner added to the hip belt, but I needed more storage for quick access to my phone, snacks, maps, etc. I liked the idea of a cross-body bag and had some spare materials lying around, so I decided to take a crack at designing one to fit my needs.
This frame bag must be able to do the following:
– Mount snugly within the front triangle of my gravel bike (I’ll write a post on the bike soon)
– Hold snacks & food for 60+ miles, arm warmers/rain jacket, external battery pack for lights & phone, maybe some tools as well
– Be able to be unzipped and re-zipped with one hand while riding
– Be mostly water/weatherproof
– Allow me to access my water bottles